The cash register is a journal to register receivings and payments transactions. It calculates the total money in and out, computing the total balance.
- Configure the Cash journal in Accounting --> Configuration --> Journals.
- In the tab Journal Entries, the Default Debit and Credit Account can be configured as well as the currency of the journal
How to register cash payments?
To register a cash payment specific to another customer, you should follow these steps:
- Go to Accounting --> Dashboard --> Cash --> New Transactions
- Fill in the start and ending balance
- Register the transactions, specifying the customers linked to the transaction
Take money in/out
Put money in is used to placed your cash manually before starting your transactions. Take money out is used to collect/get your cash manually after ending all your transactions. From the New Transactions window, click Take Money In/Out.
The transactions will be added to the current cash payment registration.